Selling your house is not all about just setting the price and calculating income. Before a property can be converted into money, a seller must do extreme measures to make it marketable. Failing to do this would leave your houses unnoticed and less enticing to the market.
Home Staging is the Key
Staging a house is the process of making the property more desirable to the market. Basically, what you are trying to do here is to put it on a good selling condition. So that when buyers see it, they will have a good impression about the property and will become interested to see the place.
Aside from lowering the price, this technique has proven to speed up sale of properties for about 32%. What most professionals do in here is to sell a lifestyle. They make sure that every part of the home will have an appeal. And that every home buyer can visualize what their life could be if the chose to live in that particular property.
Staging a house to sell
There are many ways to stage a house. Doing it would become an expense on your part. However, this can raise the value of your home. Therefore, if you want to learn common staging techniques, read on.
1. Improving the Curb Appeal: First impressions are formulated from the time your potential buyers see your house from across the street. If they see it is cluttered, crummy and seemingly old from afar, they might change their minds in inspecting the rest of the property. Therefore, find ways to make the exteriors of the house (as well as the yard) colorful, clean and appealing. Moreover, repaint the house to make it look even better.
2. Making the House Smell Good and Sparkling- By the time your buyers would see the rest of the place, they would have close contact on everything they see. They can smell everything they inspect. So as not to give them an impression that the house may be rotten; keep everything dust-free, polished and smelling good.
3. Create Great Focal Points- Every room should have great focal points to make the house more interesting. This can be anything: the window, an art piece, the fireplace, mirrors and more. A room can have more than one focal point. Just make sure they could bring harmony to the various elements used in the interior design.
4. Play with the Lights and colors- Make sure that all lights are functioning before showcasing the house. Try playing with the lights as it can help set the mood. Or you can try to bring more natural light into your homes to make the place cozier and inviting. In addition, learn to play with colors. As much as possible, use neutral colors. Moreover, make sure color tones are vivid to make the house look brand new.
5. Remove Personal Items- In selling the house, the focus of the buyer should remain on their vision about what their lives could become if they chose to live in that property. Having your personal items lying around could loose that focus. Besides, having too much own stuff lying around could hide the potentials of the space. Therefore, remove them and avoid displaying them.